5-Night San Juan Islands Cruise for Two from Sail Northwest Charters
Must book by 6/30/20 or promotional value expires. Travel valid 5/1/20–9/30/20. Limit 2 per person, may buy 2 additional as gifts. Limit 2 per visit. Valid only for option purchased. Reservation required, subject to availability; contact Sail Northwest Charters at (206) 755-5786 for specific availability. 14-day cancellation notice or fee up to voucher price applies. Must be 18+ to check in. Credit card required at booking and check-in. Must use promotional value in 1 visit.
Explore the San Juan Islands in a 50-foot sailboat with luxe staterooms; the ship’s captains provide daily meals in the communal saloon
Sail Around the San Juan Islands
Navigate between the San Juan Islands aboard the 50-foot sailboat, Hopscotch, on this 5-night trip from Sail Northwest Charters. While in port, you can hike, sightsee, and comb the beaches of the Pacific Northwest; while onboard, you’ll recharge in your luxe stateroom or have some fun inside the communal saloon and galley. Every day, Captain Brendan and Chef Bri prepare homemade meals from local meats, seafood, and produce, with dishes ranging from fresh salmon to surf and turf. The sailing trip includes:
- 5 nights in a stateroom with a private bath
- Daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Hors d’oeuvres and desserts
- Click here for more information.
Day 1: Friday Harbor
- Meet up: in Friday Harbor. See more about getting to and from Friday Harbor here
- In-port activity: Check into Hopscotch anytime after 3 p.m., then it will be an “open evening” that guests spend on their own. Guests are welcome to hike along scenic outlooks, explore Friday Harbor’s downtown, tour the island by trolley, or rent scooters.
Day 2: Depart Friday Island for Stuart Island
- Enjoy Breakfast on land in Friday Harbor before heading back to Hopscotch and heading to Stuart Island.
- Go whale-watching in Haro Straight: Orcas can often be spotted in these chilly waters.
In-port activity: Hike to the Turn Point Light Station on Stuart Island for great views of the Haro Strait and the Gulf Islands National Park Reserve, across the Canadian border.
Day 3: Garrison Bay
- Spot orcas or humpbacks en route to Garrison Bay.
- Take a stroll to the five-acre art sculpture gardens or go on an optional guided kayak tour.
- Explore a historic English camp in Garrison Bay, and explore the nearby National Historic Park while learning more about the fabled “Pig War” or hiking to the top of Young Hill.
Day 4: Heading for Sucia Island
- Head North to Sucia Island, the “Gem of the San Juans”, and spend a few hours at Roche Harbor and explore the historic grounds along the way.
- Roche Harbor: Grab a coffee and homemade donuts from Lime Kiln Cafe at Roche Harbor Resort, where Teddy Roosevelt once stayed, or grab a snack from the famous Roche Harbor Donuts. Afterward, arrive at Sucia Island.
Day 5: Rosario Resort and Spa
- Watch for glaciers and Mt. Bay as the boat sails along the San Juan Islands chain and Rosario Straight
- In-port activity: Rosario Resort and Spa is nestled at the foot of Mt. Constitution (the highest point in the archipelago). Guests can enjoy the resort’s full spa, three pools, hot tub, and sauna. Hiking trails lead up and around Cascade Lake. Nearby Eastsound’s charming downtown is only a fifteen-minute cab ride away.
- Dinner on your own: Eastsound has everything from eclectic, fun restaurants to fine dining options overlooking the water
Day 6: Town of Friday Harbor
- Sail back to Friday Harbor disembark at 9 a.m. The boat leaves on Sundays, and returns on Fridays.